Operations and Communications Manager
Nathan’s experience spans 25 years in business, public health, not-for-profit organisations and hospitality. He has designed the company’s catering operations to be fit for purpose and enjoys a hands-on approach whether creating and building new systems and infrastructure, building and maintaining client relations, or supervising and managing our major projects.
His expertise includes:
- Large scale stock control
- Streamlined food preparation and delivery processes
- Kitchen design and equipment requirements
- Staffing and staff relations
- WH&S compliance
- Building and maintaining relationships with key stake holders such and event promoters, suppliers and venue managers, ensuring the needs and expectations of clients, customers and working partners are met.
Nathan also has 15 years engagement with The Salvation Army where his tertiary qualifications in psychology and his professional and charitable work have given him a deep understanding of the issue of homelessness and people experiencing homelessness. He has been instrumental in organizing Catch and Kiss to provide regular meal services for the homeless community in Fortitude Valley and the CBD, serving quality nutritious meals to up to 200 people at a time.
Shane began his cooking career at Perth’s Parmelia Hilton, then gained experience in Europe before returning home to work at acclaimed restaurants such as Frasers, Halo and Oceanus. He also got a taste for competitions, and led the victorious Oceanafest team in 2002, 2004 and 2005. He has since competed all over the world and captained the Australian Culinary Federation team.
Shane moved to Brisbane in 2009, where opening and running the refurbished Regatta Hotel was one of his proudest achievements.
- Partner, Big Chef Little Chef
- Executive chef, Regatta Hotel
- Group Executive Chef, Wilson’s Boathouse
- Executive Chef, Halo Restaurant, Perth
- Executive Chef, Mullaloo Beach Hotel, Mullaloo
- Executive Chef, Oceanus Restaurant, City Beach
- Head Chef, Bluewater Grill, Applecross
- Sous Chef, Oceanus Restaurant, City Beach
- Vigneron Restaurant, Vines Resort
Yuling is professional with a versatile administrative support skill set developed through experience as an executive assistant, business manager, and in record keeping and accounts management. She has a substantial work history in planning, delivering and monitoring a canteen service, and is committed to the appointment and retention of suitably quality staff and their ongoing professional development. Yuling has a deep understanding of quality control and improvement processes.
- vast experience in planning, delivering and monitoring a canteen service,
- commitment to the appointment and retention of suitably quality staff and their ongoing professional development
- knowledge and understanding of the process to develop a quality improvement plan and ensure continuous improvement